Lofoten Island – Norway
DISCOVER NORTHERN LIGHTS
Dates are 6th – 13th of March 2018.
2 PLACES LEFT !!!
“””NEW DATES FOR AUTUMN ARE 18TH – 25 TH OF OCTOBER 2018″””
During the photography Trip we will photograph all the iconic and most popular viewpoints,traditional fishermans cabins, jagged granite mountains sorrounding, colorful fjords and whats the most incredable… haunt for Northern lights.
All islands are extremely picturesque , each corner is hidding pure beauty landscapes . The unpredictable weather of Loften produces a wide variety of dramatic lighting conditions. It is the best time of the year to haunt for Northern Lights !!!. It’s hard to imagine how beautiful this place is without seeing it in live. So I’m inviting you to visit this Amazing place and discover its many facets for yourselves.
What to bring:
Lofoten islands in winter are quite comfortable to visit comparing to all places located above the polar circle. Our adventure will be quite comfortable: warm houses with hot water and modern communications like broad-band wi-fi. We will move on comfortable mini-van. But still the weater may be windy and chilling. So please bring the following gear and wear to our Lofoten photo-workshop:
• comfortable clothing. Its better to take several items to use as a layers
• waterproof jacket and pants. If it is raining , so the upper layer must be waterproof.
• warm jacket(better to take the synthetic filling: the humidity is quite high)
• waterproof boots: we have lots of sessions along amazing white sends arctic shorelines of Lofoten
• We have lots of sea shooting, even with Northern Aurora. You can hardly get amazing photos without interacting with the sea
• warm gloves (better to take glothes with “touch-screen finger” that will allow you to set up your camera and lenses easily)
• soft protector to kneel. We have to shoot from low points a lot
> Camera manual ESSENTIAL !!!!
• camera equipment (DSLR with manual control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings and allowing you to use Live View).Please bring extra batteries: they can deplet fast during the night shooting.
• lenses: the most needed lens is 16-35 or 17-40 (fullframe). You may use ordinary circular or square filters with these lenses. Althought 14 mm (or 14-24 mm) lenses are very useful especially for northern lights shooting.
• headlamp with extra batteries. We should hunt the Northern Aurora at nights, so you need flashlight to move. Although notice that we have “no light polution policy” to be polite for other photographers.
• sturdy tripod that will endure Lofoten winds.
• remote cable shutter release
• laptop for editing with software: Lightroom
• filters. Shooting at the sea means you should properly work with the shutter speed. Filters like ND, polariser.
• chargers, spare CF/SD cards
Eliassen Rorbuer is a holiday resort with shermen’s cabins, restaurant and an activity centre situated on the tiny island of Hamnøy by the spectacular ord of Reinefjord, in the wild and beautiful western part of Lofoten, nearby Reine. The cabins are renovated and have patio with outdoor seating, spacious living room, dining area and a kitchenette with a stove and fridge, refrigerator, electric kettle, coffee maker, kitchenware, oven and stovetop.
Total price: 1850 Euro per person twin rooms
Maximum Number of Participants: strictly limited to 6 photographers
Payment method: Paypal or bank transfer
Trip starts in Evenes/Harstad/Narwik Airport.
Included in the price:
– All transfers(petrol included)
– Accomondations ( 2 double room ) per cabin max 4 pax.
– Instruction and master classes by professional guide
– All photographic tuition and workshop materials for duration of the tour, post processing classes.
What’s not included
• Travel insurance with emergency evacuation is mandatory as a condition of booking
• Meals (Food in Norway is very expensive and as this workshops is pretty intense
in terms of shooting (day and night), meals are not included. As a group we have to be very exible with meal times. Once we are accommodated in our huts in Hamnøy we will buy supplies in the supermarket and cook in the huts
• Camera/Equipment Insurance
• Optional personal activities
• Alcoholic consumption and extra beverages
• Any other personal expenses.
All shooting locations are easily reachable during 1 to 10 minutes from the car. We might do little hike on this tour. You must be prepared for winds and cold weather. Some sessions may last up to 3-5hrs
All enquiry :