Lofoten – Norway October 2018
Discover the Norwegian Arctic Lofoten Island with this enchanting tour – Edition V
Dates: 18th – 25th October 2018
During the photography trip we will photograph all the iconic and most popular viewpoints, traditional fisherman’s cabins, jagged granite mountains surrounding, colourful fjords and lots more. All islands are extremely picturesque , each corner is hiding pure beauty landscapes . The unpredictable weather of Lofoten produces a wide variety of dramatic lighting conditions. It is the best time of the year to haunt for Northern Lights !!!. It’s hard to imagine how beautiful this place is without seeing it in live. So I’m inviting you to visit this Amazing place and discover its many facets for yourselves.
What to bring: Lofoten islands in autumn are quite comfortable to visit comparing to all places located above the polar circle. Our adventure will be quite comfortable: warm houses with hot water and modern communications like broad-band wi-fi. We will move on comfortable mini-van. But still the weather may be windy and chilling. So please bring the following gear and wear to our Lofoten photo-workshop:
- Comfortable clothing. Its better to take several items to use as a layers.
- Waterproof jacket and pants. If it is raining , so the upper layer must be waterproof.
- Warm jacket(better to take the synthetic filling: the humidity is quite high).
- Waterproof boots: we have lots of sessions along amazing white sends arctic shorelines of Lofoten. We have lots of sea shooting, even with Northern Aurora. You can hardly get amazing photos without interacting with the sea
- Warm gloves (better to take gloves with “touch-screen finger” that will allow you to set up your camera and lenses easily).
- Casual clothing for the hotel stay.
- Soft protector to kneel. We have to shoot from low points a lot.
- Camera equipment (DSLR with manual control of shutter speed, aperture and ISO settings and allowing you to use Live View).Please bring extra batteries: they can deplete fast during the night shooting.
- Lenses: the most needed lens is 16-35 or 17-40 (full-frame). You may use ordinary circular or square filters with these lenses. Although 14 mm (or 14-24 mm) lenses are very useful especially for northern lights shooting
- For Northern Light Lenses with aretature f/2.8 reccomended.
- Headlamp with extra batteries. We should hunt the Northern Aurora at nights, so you need flashlight to move. Although notice that we have “no light pollution policy” to be polite for other photographers.
- Sturdy tripod that will endure Lofoten winds.
- Remote cable shutter release.
- Laptop for editing with software: Lightroom.
- Filters: shooting at the sea means you should properly work with the shutter speed. Filters like ND, polariser.
- Chargers, spare memory cards.
Eliassen Rorbuer is a holiday resort with fishermen’s cabins, restaurant and an activity centre situated on the tiny island of Hamnøy by the spectacular ford of Reinefjord, in the wild and beautiful western part of Lofoten, nearby Reine. The cabins are renovated and have patio with outdoor seating, spacious living room, dining area and a kitchenette with a stove and fridge, refrigerator, electric kettle, coffee maker, kitchenware, oven and stovetop.
Total price: 1850 Euro per person twin rooms
Maximum Number of Participants: strictly limited to 6 photographers
Payment method: Paypal or bank transfer
Included in the price:
- All transfers
- Accommodations ( 2 double room ) per cabin max 4 pax.
- Instruction and master classes by professional guide
- All photographic tuition and workshop materials for duration of the tour, post processing classes.
What’s not included:
- Travel insurance with emergency evacuation is mandatory as a condition of booking
- Meals (Food in Norway is very expensive and as this workshops is pretty intense
in terms of shooting (day and night), meals are not included. As a group we have to be very flexible with meal times. Once we are accommodated in our huts in Hamnøy we will buy supplies in the supermarket and cook in the huts.
- Camera/Equipment Insurance
- Optional personal activities
- Alcohol consumption and extra beverages
- Any other personal expenses.
- Van gasoline (aprox. 30 euro each).
All shooting locations are easily reachable during 1 to 10 minutes from the car. We might do little hike on this tour. You must be prepared for winds and cold weather. Some sessions may last up to 3-5hrs
All enquiries :